To understand why the BloomSky SKY2 is such a big deal in the tech industry, perhaps you should know a little more about the startup responsible for bringing this sleek and elegant compact smart weather station to market.
The BloomSky company is a young tech company based in San Francisco, California. It was founded in early 2014 by a group of friends who consider themselves “outdoor enthusiasts,” “weather geeks,” “tech adopters,” and “avid travelers.” They have a vision that with their next generation crowdsourced network of devices that capture accurate and hyper-local weather information, they are going to disrupt how people consume weather information.
What Is BloomSky SKY2 + STORM?
The BloomSky SKY2 + STORM is a sophisticated digital weather station that can capture HD photos over a period and stitch them into a time-lapse video. It uses an array of high accuracy sensors that transmit captured data to other smart devices such as intelligent home systems and smartphones using IFTTT. These sensors and other hardware that run the weather system are powered by a solar panel on top of the device.
The SKY1 and SKY2 digital weather station was first tested in 2014 and 2015, BloomSky managed to raise $128,000 on Kickstarter to build a prototype. Because of the success of the company’s Kickstarter campaign, the company collected suggestions and input from the community that led to the raising of another $400,000 in 2016 – almost five times the target – within 24 hours. This is how high the expectations the fanatics had on the SKY2 + STORM.
BloomSky SKY2 + STORM Weather Camera Station Features
The SKY2 + STORM is a one-of-a-kind smart weather station that comes with the latest array of sensors in the market to record highly accurate and precise weather data.
• This new design device can capture and store more data than its predecessor thanks to the high-precision 4 in 1 wireless system that captures UV in real-time, rainfall, wind direction, and speed.
• The weather station has an HD camera that captures full angle images and real-time images of the sky.
• It can measure precipitation and can detect and transmit rainfall information faster than traditional stations.
• The equipped humidity sensor can record humidity in the range of 0 – 100% RH at a relative precision of ± 3%.
• The Sky2 weather station also features a temperature sensor that operates at between -4°F (-20°C) and 131°F (55°C) to record temperature at an accuracy of ±0.3°C (Max).
• The station comes with sensors to record atmospheric pressure in the range of 300 – 1100 hPa.
BloomSky SKY2 + STORM Conclusion
Whether you are a weather enthusiast or a smart home DIYer looking for the perfect intelligent weather station that can connect to other Smart IOT devices, the BloomSky SKY2 + STORM digital weather station is the ideal investment. It is efficient and consumes little power, but the best part is that it is one of a kind product in the market.