Survival Life Instablade
Survival Life Instablade is dedicated to providing various products that are in-line with everything related to survival tactics and extreme outdoor activities.
About Survival Life
Aside from promoting products manufactured by the company, Survival Life also serves as a blog intended for sharing knowledge and information about anything that has to do with survival. The company is based in Texas with a team of experts in various outdoor activities such as hiking, mountain biking, camping, and hunting.
Instablade Credit Card Knife Features:
- Stainless surgical steel blade- The steel blade is made out of a sturdy surgical steel material which makes it immune to rust or corrosion. This kind of blade will be able to last long even if you leave it anywhere in your house because it doesn't easily get affected by external elements.
- Waterproof finish- Another very interesting feature about the Instablade is that both the blade and the handle have a waterproof finish. This means that in the event the knife gets wet, water will just slip off the knife. This is a very good tactical tool to carry around whenever it rains.
- Ideal thickness and size- The overall size of the knife is 3 inches with a 2-millimeter thickness. This is slightly smaller than a credit card which allows it to hide behind the shape of a card. Also, the thickness is just about the same as a credit card which means that it can fit in any wallet or a cardholder the same way a card does.
- Polypropylene handle- The handle is made out of a strong and flexible polymer material that is often used for chairs, tupperware containers or textiles. Polypropylene was chosen to be the handle of the Instablade because it doesn't break easily. It is extremely sturdy and pretty bendy which means that it cannot be broken apart even if you put it at the bottom of your bag with all your stuff on top of it.
- Easy blade lock system- If you are worried that the blade might come out while it is inside your pocket or bag, then worry no more because there is a unique lock system that keeps the knife constantly attached to the polypropylene handle when it is in “card mode”. Rest assured the blade won't be escaping the handle unless you yourself will unlock it.
- Simple transformation mechanism- Now, let's go to the coolest feature of the product– its simple foldable conversion mechanism. You might think that it will be difficult transforming the card into a blade, but it is actually rather simple. Once you unlock the blade, all you have to do is wrap and fold the card around the bottom of the blade and the card will turn into the blade's handle. This will result in a small pocket knife that can be used for many things.
Survival Life Tactical Instablade Pros:
- Has Anti-rust Stainless Steel Blade. You won't have to worry about it getting rusty when it gets wet.
- Allows users to easily convert the card into a blade. All you have to do is unlock the blade and fold the outer covering inward to create the handle.
- Able to fit into any wallet or card holder. It is the same size as any credit or debit card.
- Resembles an ordinary card in its “card mode”. You can bring it anywhere with you without getting it confiscated because it doesn't look like a knife.
- Has flexible polymer handle that serves as the knife's handle and as a card
- Has a protective hand guard (This allows you to have a firmer grip on the blade so you won't drop it easily)
- Has a very sharp blade that’s able to slice through fruits and vegetables. Ideal for camping trips as well as road trips.
- Very convenient to bring around due to its size
- Very durable
- Knife comes along with a free eBook entitled “Ultimate Survival Skills” as well as a free 2-hour lecture on basic survival
Survival Life Instablade Cons:
- Twisting lock gets a little bit loose if used too much
- Blade may cause cuts if user is not careful
Survival Life Instablade Verdict:
This little knife is something that everyone should have wherever they go. If you like to go hiking or camping, then it’s recommended that you take this little tool with you because it can be very helpful. You can cut food with this little knife as well as cut wood. It is also more convenient to bring around than a Swiss army knife because it is smaller and thinner. You can just place it inside your wallet or your side pocket. It is also almost as sharp as a Swiss knife, so you can be assured that it is able to slice anything that a Swiss knife can.
It is also very handy for those who travel out of town very often. There will be times when you will need to slice food (ex. fruits, bread etc.). With this, you won't need to bring a kitchen knife anymore. Bringing a knife along with you while you travel can be very troublesome because you have to make sure that the knife does not cut any of your belongings while it is in the bag. Furthermore, if you are traveling abroad, knives would sometimes get confiscated if the airport security sees it in the scanner.
More often than not, this credit card knife does not really get spotted because of its shape. Also, you won't have to worry about the blade cutting any of your belongings when you keep it because the twisting lock keeps it attached to the plastic handle while it is in “card mode”.
As the world and marketplace continues to trend into tactical uses and strategically versatile products (like tactical flashlights, knives, headlamps, flood lights and gear) will shine on to get multifaceted uses and purposes.
This handy little knife can really make things a whole lot easier when you are out of the comfort of your home. Buy one so that you have a ready knife at hand whenever you need it. It’s a great deal with unique features you can’t see anywhere else.